Based out of Germany, SAP AG is a multinational corporation that offers a variety of solutions for enterprises for refining business processes and fostering customer relations. Based in Walldorf, Baden-WÃ¼rttemberg, SAP has a world-wide presence for deploying their services whether on premise, through mobile technology or through cloud technology. SAP is well known for their contributions in the ERP market, which today extends beyond the typical enterprise with applications aimed at small and mid-sized organizations.
It is essential for a business to succeed and, hence sustain further growth, to develop actionable plans through a deep analysis of business data. Today’s large organizations create and retain massive amounts of data.
As such, today’s ERP systems are rigorously geared towards developing insight through the dissemination and interpretation of a multitude of sources containing such relevant business data. Years ago, structures were built with hand tools as business data was maintained with file cabinets. Just as skyscrapers cannot be built without powerful tools, today’s large enterprises cannot be maintained without the proper means.
Originally conceived in 1972 by former IBM associates, SAP â€“ which stands for System Analysis and Program Development â€“ was a by-product of an idea that data should be processed in real time. This is representative of the core values shared by these entrepreneurs that defined the company â€“ and still does today.
“A belief that ‘real-time’ data processing can help bring people closer to business intelligence”
“A dedication to innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit that enable SAP to continually push what’s technically possible.”
“An early commitment to collaboration and co-creating solutions with our customers.”
These concepts are what have enabled SAP to grow to 197,000 client base that is supported by over 55,000 employees in more than 130 countries. Today, SAP is one of the largest software providers in the world.
SAP provides powerful tools that improve business collaboration that spans across 24 unique industries.
Their solutions harbor interoperability between businesses that improve productivity in the workplace, automating mundane, yet essential tasks. Effectively correlating business data to events can assist decision makers in maximizing efforts to drive business towards new levels. This manifested through a multitude of different operable applications that steer specific tasks toward goals that ultimately yield a high return for businesses adopting SAP as a provider.
Through focused development, SAP offers five categories of solutions for organizations that span every corner of technology.
– Business applications that include ERP, Financials, Procurement and more can empower users with real time insight into these systems to make adjustments to confront potential obstacles before they occur.
– Database and technology solutions provide businesses with results when managing large amounts of information through information management as well as making systems scalable for future integration.
– Analytics derives information from data for applied business intelligence applications that are conducive to making the most impact with high level decision processes.
– Cloud services can give a company an edge when scaling computing needs to new levels through highly integrable platforms that can virtualize software, thus saving an organization the burden of investing in expensive hardware.
– Mobile technology has become crucial in today’s active world of business as mobile applications can instantly connect users for time sensitive processes that need addressed, even when on the go.
Please Note: Storagepipe isn’t directly affiliated with SAP, and any inquiries into up-to-date SAP information should be made with SAP directly. The content on this page should not be considered officially authorized information about SAP systems.