As many of you might already have heard, the most popular backup and disaster recovery software for VMWare and Hyper-V just got BETTER! Earlier this year, we launched our new Cloud Connect service for Veeam. And at the recent VeeamOn 2015 conference, we’d also made a splash by unveiling our new Veeam Cloud Connect ecommerce site, where Veeam users can purchase cloud capacity directly from the web. This entertaining video infographic provides a very simple, high-level overview of our Veeam Cloud Connect service, in a way that’s fun and easy to digest.
If you’ve been looking for a convenient and cost-effective way of managing your Veeam data protection, without the need to upgrade your infrastructure, here are a few key advantages that Storagepipe’s Cloud Connect for Veeam can offer:
- You can expand your Veeam infrastructure to Storagepipe’s world-class cloud datacenter, with just few mouse clicks.
- Without purchasing any new hardware, you can put a secondary disaster recovery site into operation for your business.
- Storagepipe’s Cloud Connect storage can be purchased directly through the Internet, on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Once you’ve placed your order, you can then deploy your new Veeam cloud repository in just minutes.
- Veeam’s cloud gateway does away with the need for VPNs, and also enables WAN acceleration, for optimized security and performance.
- With a broad worldwide datacenter footprint, Storagepipe allows customers to pick their choice of geographic location for Veeam cloud repositories.
- In case of a major disaster, your replicated VMWare and HyperV virtual machines can be run directly from Storagepipe’s cloud.
Implementing Storagepipe’s Cloud Connect service is fast and easy:
- Step 1: Go to StoragepipeCloudConnect.com and register an account.
- Step 2: Select how much storage you’d like to purchase for your repositories.
- Step 3: Complete your order by checking out.
- Step 4: Within Veeam, right-click and select “Add Service Provider”, and enter your Storagepipe registration details.
Veeam officially endorses a 3-2-1 methodology for data backup and disaster recovery. In other words, they advise keeping 3 sets of backups, including 2 on-site copies at least 1 off-site copy. If you manage your own Veeam implementation, this is the perfect off-site backup and disaster recovery solution for your off-site DR storage.