At Storagepipe, we’ve helped many companies — ranging from independent telecom providers to large major retail chains — to create and launch their own fully-customized, private label cloud backup and synchronization products.
If you’ve been thinking about launching your own custom-branded cloud services, I’d like to show you 11 critical reasons why 2015 will be a great year for backup resellers.
- Industry experts estimate that 1/3 of all consumer data, and 2/3 of all corporate data, will be stored in the cloud by 2016.
- We’re experiencing an explosion in data growth. There will be 4.1 zettabytes of digital personal data in storage by 2016. That’s 4, followed by 21 zeroes. In 2012, this number was just 329 exabytes.
- By 2018, about $1 of every $5 spent on packaged software, and $1 of every $4 spent on applications, will be consumed via the Software-as-a-Service model.
- 62% of U.S. broadband households never back up data to the cloud. There is tremendous untapped opportunity in the marketplace.
- According to IDC, Software-as-a-Service delivery will significantly outpace traditional software product delivery, continuing to grow at nearly five times faster than the software market as a whole.
- 41% of companies don’t encrypt their backups. Secure, encrypted online backup software allows companies to automate their backup process, improve data security and save money.
- Gartner Research has declared that the global cloud market will expand to $250 billion by 2017.
- According to eWeek, most enterprises will have the majority of their data storage, backup, and disaster recovery delivered by cloud service providers by the end of 2015.
- Oracle CEO Mark Hurd said that cloud applications will account for 50 to 60 percent of the total enterprise application market within 5 to 6 years.
- According to Gartner: The cloud software marketplace in 2015 will see growth opportunities for smaller, regional, and industry-focused cloud providers to fill gaps left by larger commodity providers.
- If given the choice of only being able to move one application to the cloud, 25% of IT managers would choose storage.
And there you have our top 11 reasons why 2015 will be a fantastic year for white label cloud backup resellers.</p>
If you’re interested in starting your own online backup or cloud sync service, get in touch with Storagepipe today.