Database Backup PEI , New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland
We often find people searching for terms such as:
- Prince Edward Island database backup (PEI)
- New Brunswick database backup
- Nova Scotia database backup
- Newfoundland Database Backup
When it comes to Prince Edward Island database backups and New Brunswick database backups, there are a few problems that come up more than others. Unfortunately, it’s surprisingly common to see companies backing up their flat files consistently, but making dangerous mistakes in protecting their databases. (The same could be said for Newfoundland database backups and Nova Scotia database backups)
For companies in the Maritimes, it’s extremely important to ensure that all company servers have adequate protection. And this certainly applies to database servers that host critical programs for the organization.
However, there are a number of unique problems that come up when attempting to protect these types of servers in Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia or New Brunswick.
On one hand it’s critical for business owners and IT personnel to understand that database servers can’t simply be backed up in the same way that flat files are. Instead, they must either have a specialized database backup application or schedule flat file exports of their database date for daily flat file backups.
If you choose to back up the flat-file exports, there are 3 downsides that must be understood:
- The backups must be done while the server is offline, leading to backup windows and maintenance downtime.
- The data must be performed on a slow schedule, meaning that up to 24 hours of data could be lost if the server needs to be restored.
- The restore functionality is very limited, and you may not get much control over the granularity of the data restoration.
A dedicated online server backup service can help solve many of these problems by offering real-time backup capability without the need for a server lock-out or shut-down. And when it comes time to restore, a database-specific online backup service offers much more functionality, flexibility and granularity.