Every computer user understands the priority of backup and the chaos it can lead to if the important data is not saved. But are you aware of the backup software that works behind the scene? Most of you must be concerned about securing your computer data, and adhere to all method like burning them out on CDs and DVDs; using external hard drives and USB. However, the most trusted of the lot is online data backup, which ensure safe and secure storage of data.
Like any other mechanical system, computers are also prone to break down anytime. Whether it is a hard drive crash or an accidental file deletion, it can be the worst nightmare to lose your important data. So the next time you feel that losing a particular data can jeopardize your personal or business endeavor, you definitely need to use backup software to store those files and folders in a remote location.
Online backup of your critical data is made possible with backup software as you can program them to automatically schedule the backup of your files as required. Backup can be scheduled as daily, hourly, ‘as and when updated’ or weekly; as suitable for you. However, when it comes to choosing your backup software, here are a few standard pointers that will help in the process:
- User friendliness: Choose good quality backup software program that will include features to guide you through the process of choosing the data and the schedule it has to be backed up. Such software not only helps you regularize your schedule for automated backups, but also facilitates maximize storage by compressing your data.
- Cost Effectiveness: Data backup is a highly competitive market and this cut throat competitors has led to fair pricing amongst the top players. The initial price offered for standard backup software is approximately USD50. Although there are a few providers in the fray offering free software, they are not expected to be functionally adept.
- External backup: Besides securing backup software for your hard drive, it is essential that external backup is also secured for your valuable files in removable hard drives or CD/DVD. The backup software should also have a disaster-recovery function, to facilitate restoration of data in case it is lost or damaged.
- Data Security. Just securing your data through online backup is not enough. To ensure that your computer data is secure even when stored in the remote server, it is important that you use encryption for your backup software.
Some other important features that are worth to be kept in mind, if not the hard and fast way are those like native backup support. Through this feature, you can browse more conveniently through the data backup you have already taken using Windows Explorer, rather than the backup software. Moreover, there is also backup software that includes features with the ability to backup open files, so as to restore them to their original state while the computer is performing its scheduled backup.
More Related Links
- Online Backup for iSeries
- Backup Software
- Outsourced Backup
- Secure Backup
- Sql backup
- Automated Backup
- Online Data Recovery Service
- Windows Online Backups & Data Security
- Linux Backup and Recovery
- Oracle Backup
Storagepipe provides Server Backup Specialists and Online and off-site server data protection for datacenters. Storagepipe server off-site backup and Server Online Backup since 2001