In the early days of computing, backups were much easier. A system backup could be as simple as copying over a spool of tape on a weekly basis, and then storing this tape at another location far away from the main computer room.
But today, backups have become much more complex and difficult.
- Exponential data growth is causing backups to consume extremely large amounts of expensive storage media.
- Backup windows have grown to the point where there is no longer enough time to perform backups overnight.
- Companies must now run 24/7, eliminating tolerance for system downtime.
- Offices are fragmented, with employees creating and accessing data files from dozens, hundreds or even thousands of remote physical locations.
- New legal compliance regulations require that data be stored and retained according to specific rules that are often difficult to manage. And failure to comply can result in stiff fines.
- Virtual machines create special difficulties when it comes to both backup and recovery.
- Companies require local backups for fast recovery, and remote backups for disaster protection.
- IT administrators don’t have time to test their recovery processes, and it’s difficult to monitor or ensure the consistencies of backups.
Today, backup is one of the most challenging jobs in IT, and it also has some of the most profound risks and impacts to the company if performed improperly. Despite this, most companies today will delegate their backups to the least trained, most junior IT person.
When it comes to something of this importance, it only makes sense to outsource the task to a dedicated team of backup experts with over a decade of experience. Not only will this free up more time for IT projects, but it will also provide peace of mind in the event that your company encounters an emergency.
More Related Links
- Online Backup for iSeries
- Backup Software
- Outsourced Backup
- Secure Backup
- Sql backup
- Automated Backup
- Online Data Recovery Service
- Windows Online Backups & Data Security
- Linux Backup and Recovery
- Oracle Backup
Storagepipe provides Server Backup Specialists and Online and off-site server data protection for datacenters. Storagepipe server off-site backup and Server Online Backup since 2001