IBM i (AS/400, iSeries) Backup
Specialized Online Backup & Disaster Recovery for IBM i (AS/400, iSeries) from Storagepipe
IBM i servers are powerful, completely integrated, maintenance free and virtually indestructible, but they do present challenges when it comes to business continuity and data protection. Because IBM i servers usually support the most critical business applications, they have a very low tolerance for unplanned downtime in the event of a disaster. It can be challenging to quickly replace an IBM i environment.
The Best Solution for IBM i (AS/400, iSeries)
Storagepipe’s Online Backup for IBM i is a complete turnkey service, including backup and archiving. This cloud solution requires no capital investment, and completely eliminates tape from your backup process. Since it installs directly onto IBM i, it provides a robust, full-featured backup experience without any of the drawbacks of a network-based solution.
- Designed For i: Installs directly onto IBM i and dramatically reduces the backup window and restriction periods.
- Bare Metal and System Recovery: When protecting IBM i, Storagepipe offers full system and library data protection designed specifically for this platform.
- Local and Remote: This appliance-based solution offers a local backup for fast recovery, and remote copies for major disasters.
- Goodbye Tape: The first cloud-based backup, archiving and disaster recovery solution that’s designed specifically for the IBM i, and completely eliminates the need for tape.
- Maintenance-Free: Get more of what you love from your IBM i systems. With Storagepipe, you just set it and forget it. We’ll protect you reliably and effortlessly in the background.
Say Goodbye to Tape
Storagepipe’s Online Backup and Disaster Recovery solution for IBM i is a complete turnkey service, including backup, recovery, archiving, and “warm site” disaster recovery. This pay-as-you-go cloud solution requires no capital investment and completely eliminates tape from your backup and disaster recovery.
- Installs directly on to iSeries, to provide a robust, full-featured backup experience without any of the drawbacks of a network-based solution.
- The fully-managed Storagepipe backup solution including a local appliance controls the entire on-site and offsite backup process.
- Integrated archiving optimizes long-term storage for cost savings, efficiency and compliance.
- Efficient, streamlined recovery process for fast, reliable, error-free restores.
- Protect stand-alone objects, including all the objects that will be used outside of OS/400.
- Efficiently save only delta changes and restore complete sets of the latest objects.
- Flexible and powerful backup policies, including protection for IFS and DB2 requirements.
- IFS and DB2 are restored in its entirety or restored by an individual object or data elements.
- Restore data from either the local staging area or offsite storage, or temporarily restore systems to Storagepipe datacentres for disaster recovery purposes.
- Intelligent data compression and incremental forever backup ensure efficient use of storage, resources and bandwidth.
How IBM i (AS/400, iSeries) Backup Works
As a leader in managed data protection for Power Systems since 2001, Storagepipe is a specialized IBM partner in a number of categories, including:
- IBM Powering on Demand Applications (certified for SAAS delivery of applications)
- OEM (embed IBM technology in Storagepipe comprehensive solutions)
- XSP (Service Provider)
- Storagepipe has deep roots and capabilities supporting IBM platforms including xSeries, iSeries (System-i), and pSeries as well as IBM software platforms such as Lotus Notes Domino and IBM Tivoli.
We also have the longest and most extensive track record of support for these platforms amongst online data protection providers. And because of our unique IBM relationship, we have extensive experience working alongside IBM in critical situations when customers have IBM equipment under maintenance and support contracts.